Ok, I know we've asked this in the past, but we still don't have our baby girl's name nailed down. Well, the name is set, but the spelling is still up in the air. We thought we had settled on Gaelyn, but we really don't know...all spellings look "off" to me. So, the name (however we end up spelling it) will be pronounced like "Gaye + Lynne" after my mom. Given this info, please please pretty please cast your vote or suggest an alternative spelling to the following:
1. Gaelyn Kate Hannibal
2. Gaelyne Kate Hannibal
3. Galyn Kate Hannibal
4. Galyne Kate Hannibal
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Thanks for FINALLY posting cute pics of your belly! You look adorable! And Glen's not lookin' too bad either. :) I like either #1 or #2. Personally I think "Galyn" or "Galyne" would be pronounced like "Gal-ne". Maybe that's just me though.
My vote is for #1... but I also like it this way... Gailyn (or same name with two n's.)
I think #3 would be pronounced Gallin... like Dallin. #4 and #2 looks like Galne (like what Andrea said).
I am so excited!!! And I love the name! Either way you spell it is cute... some ways just might be pronounced wrong the first time but that can always be corrected! :)
I like the first, but with two ns at the end. Looks exciting, and CLOSE!!
#1
1 or 2. definately not 3 or 4 because it looks like Ga-lyn. you'll get a short a instead of a the long a sound.
I like the spelling of Gailynn better, but then you might get people saying Gail-lynn instead of Gaye-lynn.
I also like the double n.
have fun choosing. Grant wasn't offically named until day 2, we were undecided between Grant and Nathan. Glad I didn't do nathan, not that it's bad, but he's definately a Grant...maybe that's just because I've been calling him that for the past 17 months. ;)
oh, and it's nice to hear from you two so often.
We (as in me your mom and Dave) vote for #1. Dave actually thinks you should spell it Ghayelynne or G'lin or G'iln oh wait I got off track...what about Glynneth Khayte or K8 Keight oh there i got again...
My vote is definitely Gaelyn!
Mitzi
Hey, I am a old HS friend of Glen's! CUTE NAME! My husband is BIG on spelling the name different. Like my son's name is AUSTIN but spell Awsten. So I am voting with your mom Ghayelynne I think thats cute and people will say it right. Or Gaheylynn. Either way!!! So exciting for you!!!
I choose #1, because I have a silent "a" at the end of my name and teachers always screwed it up and therefore ruined my childhood.
-Chels
I think #1 looks the best...good luck
Devin and I both like #2 (said like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers!). We like the ending -lynne... but 2 n's is not a requirement for our niece... though we do like 2 n's!!! We're so excited and can't wait to see you!!!
Post a Comment