A day or so after the ER visit, the results to one of Sasha's blood tests came in. It turns out that Sasha is Rubella Equivocal. They didn't tell us what that really meant so we looked it up ourselves. We discovered to our horror that having rubella while in the early stages of pregnancy can cause many birth defects for deafness and blindness to severe retardation and even still born babies. So we pretty much freaked out and called everyone we knew that could give us a good answer to this new development. Paige Herschi was the first to our aid. She said that Sasha may or may not be immune to rubella and it doesn't mean that she has it. Thank Goodness!!! All Sasha has to do now is stay away from kids with rubella. I think that will be quite easy.
Later that day we went to her OB and she thought the doctors at the ER were CRAZY that a pregnant woman came into the ER, all dizzy, and they didn't even bother to give her fluids. She was pretty upset. Sasha and I both thought that was weird too. Anyway, after another ultrasound it looks like the hemorrhage has healed itself and everything is ok. The baby is fine.
Speaking of the baby, on the last ultrasound the OB kept the baby in the screen for a while so we could see him/her move. And after a few seconds he was punching and kicking away and even did some nice buckin' bronco action. It was a life changing moment for both of us.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am soooo glad Sascha is ok. I was really worried. so worried in fact that I called and let you know about it. i know i am not a very good step sister-in-law. But I really was worried and did pray for you.
Ahhh... Sasha!!! I'm glad you are okay and shame on that hospital for not rehydrating you, geez! I hate it when hospitals are dumb- they are the last people that should be dumb you know! I'm excited that you guys got to see the ultrasound! It really is life changing when you hear the heart beat and see it moving all around! How far along are you now anyway!? Love you guys!!! :)
I'm glad everything is alright for Sasha and the baby. Take care of yourself.
Mitzi
Yes, be careful and take care. And there's nothing more uplifting than some rodeo action! *B
Post a Comment