Saturday, July 28, 2007

Canoe Trip On The St. Croix River




Sasha and I went down the St. Croix river on the 28th of July with our friends Brett and Andrea. The day was hot and the river was crouded so we parked it quick and ate lunch first off. After everyone sped down the river we set off on the 7 mile canoe trip. Everything was great. We stopped a few times, one of which was at a deep part of the river with cliffs on either side where there were people cliff jumping. We found a smaller cliff (about 3 feet off the water) and jumped off that instead. Sasha thought it would be fun to swim to an island and when we got there she decided to fall onto a rock. Right after that we capsized our canoe, but Brett and I were manly enough to get all of the water out of it. Now Sasha has one of the biggest bruises I've ever seen on her leg and it hasn't done anything but get bigger everyday. The bruise is about 6 1/2 inches long and a delightful hue of purple/black/blue and everything in between. We all survived with no other significant bodily damages except sunburns and sore muscles. Overall, very worth it and very fun!!

2 comments:

Andrea Livingston said...

Man, whose taking those great pictures!?

Anonymous said...

I wanna see the pictures of the bruise!!!