Along with telling the world about the gender of our first-born, there is another reason for this posting. We know what we are going to name her but we haven't decided how to spell it. Her name is going to be Gaelyn Kate, or Gaylin Kate, or Gayelin Kate, or Gayelynne Kate, or something like that. The name comes from both Sasha and my mom's names. We thought it would be cute so if you hate the idea then you are just going to have to deal with it because it is MY baby!!! Anyway, let us know how you think it should be spelled. We will also be mentioning whose spelling we liked the best in a future post so make your suggestion count!!!
Here is a picture of her foot and her body.


11 comments:
I love original names, especially when it means something special. As far as spelling... go with what ever makes the most sense, that way she's not fighting with transcripts, schools, doctors, and so forth b/c her name is spelled wrong... I like Gaylin, Gaelyn, Gayelin... but you also need to think about nick names... CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I like Gaelyn.
I like Gaelyn too. I would suggest keeping it simple. She will have to learn to spell it and write it at some point in life-you don't want to make it so hard that it takes a whole year :) At least that is what teachers have told me when I go to name my babies.
oooooh, Sasha this is so exciting! I'm over here with a really cheesy smile on my face going 'aawwwwww.'
yeah, I'm really excited for you...I wonder if I'm more excited than you are??? kidding. I'm just excited, you guys are probably way past stoked...anyway. YAY!!
AND I really like Kate. really like it. it's on our list of girl names...I really like Kate. Good choice. And I like Gaelyn. Or even Gailyn. I don't like the "Gay" spellings...
Well it's a good thing we all get to name our own babies. So is Gaylin a combination of your parent's names like one mom is named Gaye and the other is named Lynn. Because if that is the case and I were giving her a family name I would spell it like the mothers do only combined like Gayelynn. Depending on the spelling.
Mitzi
oh and congrats on having a girl. I hope my next one is a girl because I have had a name picked out for years and my sister-in-law likes it too. I better beat her to it. Of course she isn't even married so ha.
Congrats! Girls are so FUN.
Yippy skippy!!! I'm so excited to be her Aunt!!! Ok so my suggestions for spelling... I like Gaelyn. I think it looks the coolest but is still straight forward. Alt least no one will call her "Meelia" like a disease!!! But don't get me wrong, I LOVE my name!!! But I'm not sure what you should call her... that's tough. Maybe you should give her a name that you want to call her. Or maybe you could give her a totally different name... maybe having her initials G and K. Just a suggestion! But I'm so way excited!!!!
I love My little Niece (great I think) Sasha and Glen I am sooooo happy for you both I can't wait to see the little bundle of joy for us too spoil. Get out on the east coast please.lol Hey you name her what you want. Gaye Lynn after Sash's mom Kate after Glens. Put them together. Remember she has to write it spell it. Make sure they can't be mean with it you know how kids can be. Any way Gaelynn Kate I think is my little buttercup... lolI love you guys..
Lisa or Aunt Leisel
sorry Gaelynn Kate or I'll think of more
By the way I was just watching the move Breach and Glen looks a lot like Ryan Phillippe, especially in that movie because his hair is dyed dark. The whole time I was like that's Glen. Have you ever heard that before? If you haven't seen the movie you should watch it. Plus it's a good movie anyway.
Mitzi
Gaelyn Kate... that is my pick! I love the name Kate... that's going to be our next baby girl's first name. :)
MITZI... that is too funny. My hubby and I saw that movie and the whole time we thought the same thing... Ryan Phillippe looks JUST like Glen! haha so crazy!
Post a Comment