Sunday, February 10, 2008

Adventures in taxes

I guess it isn't a surprise that Pinnacle, the company I work for, does not have their act together. All I want to do is my taxes. They were supposed to send me my 1099 form last week but they had a different address on file for me. The address happened to be of the apartment that Sasha and I lived in when we were first married. Yes, that was 3 years ago. Nevermind the fact that I have been employed by them for four years and I have been in different parts of the country each of those years. The best part of the story is that the company regularly ships equipment to me at my current address and yet they send my tax forms somewhere else. I guess they could say, "We thought you had a house in Rexburg and Arizona." Then I would have to say, "No, no how silly of you. If I really had 2 homes, I would have to be a sales rep and not a service technician!!!" Well, Sasha and I are still in Arizona and it is quite lovely here. I has been a little chilly here the last week but the temperature is great now. Today it was 75 degrees and the there was not a cloud in the sky. I hope you are all jealous. I know I would be.

Sasha and I spent our Christmas in Portland and it was great. We got to go to the temple there and take some great pictures. That was where were married so it was fun to go back.

I am still going to school and Sasha is still making us wealthy. She works all the time and I love her for it. She recently went to the dentist and it seems that she is going to need to get her wisdom teeth out. So we are trying to get that all arranged. I told her that having your wisdom teeth pulled is one of the greatest experiences ever. She didn't believe me because she saw a youtube video of someone getting theirs taken out. Needless to say that she is not the slightest bit excited about it now. Anyway, that is about it for us. Stay tuned for future updates but don't hold your breath!!

5 comments:

Andrea Livingston said...

Super cute pic of you guys and I love the one of the temple in the water!!! I haven't gotten my wisdom teeth out but I've gotten other teeth out and it's really not so bad. :)

Amanda said...

Wow...that tax/address business is pretty ridiculous.

And Sasha, good luck...the dentist is one place I regularly pass out...wisdom teeth removal included. ug...never again! {obviously - since they're gone}

Glad to see you're both alive and well. and that the internet is working. Keep us updated on more adventures.

And Sash, I've been working on that "call anytime" invite since last Saturday. :)

Amanda said...

you two are so cute together.

The Cannons said...

I can't believe you guys posted an update. Well done. Sasha good luck with the wisdom teeth, mine were no big deal they knocked me out and I didn't feel a thing.
Mitzi

Brett said...

Ahh, good to see a real post.... and it had pictures too!!! I'll tell you what, I am jealous of the weather there. But to each his own, because I'll be calling you in July saying, "this 80 degree weather is perfect, how are you putting up with the 120 degree weather there?"

Later