Sunday, September 2, 2007

In Arizona again

After parting with our "forever friends" Brett and Andrea, we loaded up the cats in our car and started our 2 day trip back to the firey inferno known as Arizona. Our trip took us through Denver where we stayed the night in a loud, roudy hotel and then we continued to Phoenix the next day. After finding a place to live, we started the daunting task of moving in. All of our belongings were in a storage facility over the summer at the amazingly low price of $100 a month!!! The worst part about it is that Sasha searched for weeks to find one that low. Most of them were around $200 a month and some $300 or more a month. I love her!!!! Anyway, I talked to a bunch of the Pinnacle guys and set a day with them where we could all go and get all the moving done quickly. 5 guys said they would help out 4 sales reps and 1 tech. Moving day approached and Sasha felt quite sick that morning but it wasn't a big deal because I had 5 other guys to help me out. So I went out to the storage place early to get the truck, unlock the place, and get all the little things done before I needed help with all the heavy stuff. I started strong in the 90 degree heat and the truck was getting filled but nobody had showed up to help yet. "No big deal," I thought and I kept going. It was staring to get a little hot and I was starting to get thirsty so I took a break and got some water and made some phone calls to my absent helpers. One by one each of the guys found excuse after excuse as to why they could not help me out. I guess I really wan't that surprised because they were, after all, sales reps. Maybe if I would have made up a contract and had them sign it they would have been there to.........wait.........no, that would have made no difference at all now that I think about it. Anyway, there I was, all by myself; 113 degrees strong, in the back of a u-haul loading up our belongings. When I told Sasha that I was all by myself she told me to pick her up and we would brave it out together. We eventually got it all done and are now settled. It still gets over 100 degrees everyday and many of those days it reaches 110 degrees. At least we are only here for two years!!!

4 comments:

Brett said...

It is about time you figure this out. How are we suppose to make fun of your blog if we can't comment!!! Enjoy the heat.

{B}dreamy said...

Glen! Sasha! Finally, now I can let you know that I've been secretly stalking you. Now that it's not so much of a secret... in all honesty, I just happened upon your blog and now it's like all is well in the world. Whew, what a relief, eh?

Consider yourself linked.
*B is for Beth

Frances said...

How are you guys! We just figured out this whole blog thing, anyway, How's life, what's new? Things are great here, but we'd love to here from you!!!
http://kyleandfrances.blogspot.com

Brett said...

by the way.... I was the first ever to comment on your blog!