Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gaelyn's first ER visit

Today was an interesting day. Last night Sasha accidentally broke a drinking glass in the kitchen but cleaned it up right afterward. This morning I woke up and fed Gaelyn just like normal. She didn't eat much and started fussing so I put her down on the ground. I started to make my lunch for the day while keeping my eye on the little one. I thought I saw her put something into her mouth but I didn't think much of it. A few minutes later I looked at Gaelyn and she had some stuff dribbling out of her mouth. I was then quite confused at where this brownish-redish slobber was coming from. I put my finger in her mouth and did a sweep from right to left and on the left side of her mouth was a piece of glass. The brownish-redish slobber turned out to be blood running down her chin.
I was calm about it and hoped she hadn't swallowed any glass. I told Sasha about the morning and we agreed to take her to the ER so they could X-ray her tum-tum-tummy. She didn't like the ER (who does!!) but she was very well behaved. After the tests she came out squeaky clean.....no glass in her stomach. Thank goodness. All is well and she is super happy.
Check out the ER pics. She is even cute in the hospital!!





5 comments:

Mitzi Beal said...

I'm glad everything was okay. Just leave it to the babies to find that one small piece of glass that no one else manages to see. She's such a cutie.

Melissa said...

Oh, Poor Girl! Glad she's ok! She is Super Cute! I LOVE all her hair! Wish Kinsley had more... Sasha, How was your birthday? You should post pictures of that! I'm sure you took some, right!?!

Andrea said...

Wow! Good for you for being so clam about it...I think my heart would have sunk to my toes, and I would have made a mad dash to the hospital. (I often don't have my wits about me when that sort of thing happens) I'm glad she was okay, and yes she is ADORABLE at the hospital. :) Hope you guys are doing well!

Paul said...

Watch out for that kick of hers!!! She's so cute!!! I can't wait to see you guys!

Diana said...

So scarey!! So glad she is okay.